The Austrian Libertarian Movement is a daughter organisation of the Austrian Economics Center (AEC).
Legal form: incorporated society in Austria
Legal address: Jasomirgottstrasse 3/11
1010 Vienna, Austria
President: Dr. Barbara Kolm
All rights reserved, copyright by Austrian Economics Center (AEC)
Terms of Service
Welcome to AEC!
1. Your relationship with Austrian Economics Center (AEC)
1.1 Your use of AEC’s products, software, services and web sites (referred to collectively as the “Services” in this document and excluding any services provided to you by AEC under a separate written agreement) is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and AEC. “AEC” means “Austrian Economics Center”, whose principal place of business is at Jasomirgottstrasse 5, 1010 Vienna, Austria. This document explains how the agreement is made up, and sets out some of the terms of that agreement.
1.2 Unless otherwise agreed in writing with AEC, your agreement with AEC will always include, at a minimum, the terms and conditions set out in this document. These are referred to below as the “Universal Terms”.
1.3 Your agreement with AEC will also include the terms of any Legal Notices applicable to the Services, in addition to the Universal Terms. All of these are referred to below as the “Additional Terms”. Where Additional Terms apply to a Service, these will be accessible for you to read either within, or through your use of, that Service.
1.4 The Universal Terms, together with the Additional Terms, form a legally binding agreement between you and AEC in relation to your use of the Services. It is important that you take the time to read them carefully. Collectively, this legal agreement is referred to below as the “Terms”.
1.5 If there is any contradiction between what the Additional Terms say and what the Universal Terms say, then the Additional Terms shall take precedence in relation to that Service.
2. Accepting the Terms
2.1 In order to use the Services, you must first agree to the Terms. You may not use the Services if you do not accept the Terms.
2.2 You can accept the Terms by:
(A) clicking to accept or agree to the Terms, where this option is made available to you by AEC in the user interface for any Service; or
(B) by actually using the Services. In this case, you understand and agree that AEC will treat your use of the Services as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
3. Language of the Terms
3.1 Where AEC has provided you with a translation of the English language version of the Terms, then you agree that the translation is provided for your convenience only and that the English language versions of the Terms will govern your relationship with AEC.
3.2 If there is any contradiction between what the English language version of the Terms says and what a translation says, then the English language version shall take precedence.
4. Provision of the Services by AEC
4.1 AEC is constantly innovating in order to provide the best possible experience for its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which AEC provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
4.2 As part of this continuing innovation, you acknowledge and agree that AEC may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally at AEC’s sole discretion, without prior notice to you. You may stop using the Services at any time. You do not need to specifically inform AEC when you stop using the Services.
4.3 You acknowledge and agree that if AEC disables access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Services, your account details or any files or other content which is contained in your account.
5. Use of the Services by you
5.1 In order to access certain Services, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification or contact details) as part of the registration process for the Service, or as part of your continued use of the Services. You agree that any registration information you give to AEC will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
5.2 You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by (a) the Terms and (b) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions.
5.3 You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
6. Your passwords and account security
6.1 You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Services.
6.2 Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to AEC for all activities that occur under your account.
The Austrian Economics Center (AEC)
1. You agree that you will not violate (or attempt to violate) the security of this web site by hacking, sending viruses, or any other similar malicious or careless conduct.
2. You agree that you will not utilize the communication methods found within the web site for the communication of any material that may reasonably be considered scurrilous or offensive. Offensive materials are defined as sexual content or images, slurs against race, religious or political beliefs, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or physical attributes.
3. You acknowledge that you have no right to the intellectual property associated with this web site and that you have only a limited right to use this web site.
4. You acknowledge that the AEC does not warrant the accuracy or availability of this web site.
5. You acknowledge that the AEC is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this web site.
6. You agree to be bound by the laws applicable in Austria with respect to your use of the web site and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the web site will take place under Austrian law in Vienna.
7. You confirm that you have all necessary legal rights, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, to the material and information you transmit or send to this web site;
8. You agree to grant the AEC intellectual property rights in the content of any material or information that you send to the AEC for use on the web site and for newsletters produced from its web content.
If you do not AGREE to ALL of these terms, please exit this web site.
1. Online Content
The Austrian Economics Center (AEC) reserves the right not to be responsible for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided. Liability claims regarding damage caused by the use of any information provided, including any kind of information which is incomplete or incorrect, will therefore be rejected. All offers are not-binding and without obligation. Parts of the pages or the complete publication including all offers and information might be extended, changed or partly or completely deleted by the AEC without separate announcement.
2. Referrals and Links
The Austrian Economics Center (AEC) is not responsible for any contents linked or referred to from his pages – unless she has full knowlegde of illegal contents and would be able to prevent the visitors of this site from viewing those pages. If any damage occurs by the use of information presented there, only the author of the respective pages might be liable, not the person who has linked to these pages.
Opinions expressed in the comments and blogs of this web site do not necessarily comply with the opionions of the Austrian Economics Center (AEC) and have to be understood as stated in sole responsibility of the author. Furthermore the AEC is not liable for any postings or messages published by users of discussion boards, comments or blogs provided on his web site.